By Bill Walsh
The Chapel Council has been giving considerable thought and conversation to the future.
Recently, we’ve begun digging into the history of the original St. Philip Neri Parish, even going so far as to study the blueprints from past decades. We’ve learned that the church building, built in 1898, cost $16,000 to construct.
We need much more than that to preserve The Chapel and other buildings on the campus. “Brainstorming” is currently ongoing.
First, we need to define our “mission” clearly. Sources of major funding will want to understand the need for the funding. We expect to spend most of 2020 developing a plan and getting started.
Meanwhile, we will have the normal expense of utilities, supplies and necessary repairs.
Anyone who would like to help in any way is whole-heartedly welcome.